Labour in Sutton offers an ambitious programme to stimulate economic growth and fairness for local people.
Our vision charts an inclusive Sutton that will enable local people, create shared success and delivers change.
Our endeavour will:
- Secure fairness by tackling inequalities and the cost of living crisis by establishing a Fairness Commission;
- Build a stronger local economy by attracting inward investment, promoting social enterprise and establishing a Co-operative Development Agency;
- Protect and improve our environment by undertaking a review of the incinerator, recycling and waste management – driven by a new Sustainable Sutton Task Force;
- Proactively defend St Helier Hospital from closures by scrutinising any decommissioning of its services. Defend and strengthen public services by working in partnership, reforming local health services and intervening proactively in support of St Helier Hospital;
- Meet local housing needs by building 400 affordable homes, controlling private rent and reforming the Council Repairs Service;
- Support hardworking families by improving childcare provision and building a new secondary school;
- Foster community cohesion by enhancing local facilities and neighbourhood policing.